As I sit here this morning, in my jammies, I’m completely sandwiched and locked in by dogs on either side. They are as close as they can possibly get, and then some. By that I mean they really want to be in my lap but the laptop is there. I had to physically block them from flopping on it. So they decided to at least put their heads on my lap, thereby forcing me to push my laptop out to the ends of my knees. One is snoring noisily. I have to move the ear of another in order to type. If I think about it, I could easily start feeling claustrophobic. I can hardly move my arms at this point. I focus on the fact that it’s because they love me, which is fabulous. But they need baths. Although Schnauzers don’t smell “doggie” like other dogs. I don’t know why. None of them have. Since I’m down to just three now, it’s much easier to keep up with their grooming. Much easier to let them in and on the couch too. They never piled on Hubs or Dear Son when everybody came in. I’ve always been their “mom” I guess. In 2015 I had seven. I’ve lost 4 in the past 2 years, and I think these three are all over 7 years old. I’d have to go look at my birth date list to remember what years they were born. I helped deliver two of them.
Anyhow… I don’t usually do these questionnaire things but today I read one that seemed interesting over at The Shameful Sheep. So I’ll give it a try. I tend to be twisted with these things, so keep that in mind.
1. Who are you named after? Nobody. A girl has no name. A girl is nobody. (Sorry. Couldn’t resist the GOT reference.)
2. Do you like your handwriting? I used to. I used to practice to make it pretty. Now I guess I don’t hand write as much and it’s gotten sloppy. Why do you ask?
3. What is your favorite lunch meat? Well that’s a weird question. I guess ham. I hate bologna! Ugh! What IS that crap made of? Which begs the question- What is cheese FOOD? Huh? I see it on packages of what appears to be cheese…
4. Longest relationship? Well that would be my marriage to Hubs. 29 years this year. 30 if you count the dating phase before.
5. Do you still have your tonsils? Another weird question. I’m not sure how this will change the world to know but ok. Yes I still have my tonsils.
6. Would you bungee jump? Not only NO, but HELL NO! I’ve been in enough dangerous situations to not go looking for them. Besides, it’s not my personality type. I don’t call that adventure.
7. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes I do. If I didn’t they would be too loose when I put them back on, or I wouldn’t be able to get them on. My question to you is, do you put one sock on and then the corresponding shoe? Or do you do one sock then the other then the shoes? Hmmm????
8. Favorite ice cream? I want to say all of them. Baskin Robbins had a raspberry/chocolate ice cream a long time ago that was so good it was a psychedelic experience. I can’t remember the name and they don’t have it anymore. Sadly.
9. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their facial expression. It tells me if they’re open, closed, friendly, aloof, angry, sad, whatever.
10. Football or baseball? I really get into college football. But only OU Sooners football. My mom would fall over if she heard me say that. She was really into Sooner football and I hated it. I like baseball too though. Could care less about basketball. How hard is a game that each team can make 100 points in it? I’m not saying I could do it, but maybe they need to raise the net.
11. What color pants are you wearing? Huh? This is important how? Why do people always ask what your wearing? Or what you ate? They are a heart-pounding grey.
12. Last thing you ate? Geez. Really? Am I part of a homicide forensics investigation? Am I the dead person and you need to know what my last meal was in order to find the killer? Ok, in that case, it was a raspberry Hostess Zinger. You know, kinda like a Twinkie but better. It, and a cup of coffee was my breakfast. I see that look on your face….
13. If you were a crayon what color would you be? Wait…I’m NOT a crayon? My life has been a lie!! Momma always told me I was a bright purple crayon. WTH?!
14. Favorite smell? In all seriousness, I have many favorites. I listed some in my post about the senses. Puppy breath, horses are a couple. Isn’t it funny how a certain smell can trigger a memory? The mind is a curious thing.
15. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? Hmm. Haven’t talked to anyone on the phone yet today. Yesterday, it was probably Hubs. Why do you ask? Is he a suspect?
16. Hair color? Well, that’s a crazy subject for me. Since it’s come back from it’s abandonment during the chemo it’s a salt & pepper gray. And super curly. It was never curly before. WTH? I’m convinced I’m in the Twilight Zone. Especially now that I’ve realized I’m not a crayon.
17. Eye color? Hair color? Eye color? Pants color? Is this still part of the investigation? Can’t you see me and tell what color these things are? Wait. What??? Am I invisible too? Oh crap.
18. Favorite foods to eat? Didn’t we already go over the food thing? Oh yeah, that was what my last meal was. Ok. It’s Mexican. But I didn’t eat that last night so it’s not in my stomach. Just so you know. Write it down. It was a burger & onion rings. A&W in fact. So root beer was involved. I live the high life. Not high as in pot, but high as in luxurious. You should know that by what I eat. That’s the whole point of these questions, right?
19. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings for sure. Don’t care for scary movies for a variety of reasons. This whole line of questioning is a scary movie. Do I need a lawyer? Next thing you know, you’re going to ask me what was the last movie I watched.
20. Last movie you watched? WTF??!! It was the new Tarzan movie ok? Are you satisfied? I must say I was, watching that Tarzan dude. Dang! Were his muscles real or CG? Anyone know?
21. Favorite holiday? Ah finally! Something normal. That’s a tough one. I’d have to say the first day of Spring. It’s not too hot, not too cold. All you need is a light jacket. (to paraphrase Miss Rhode Island in Miss Congeniality)
22. Beer or wine? Not a huge fan of either. Although I threw back plenty of beers in my younger days because they were free, or close to it, on Ladies’ Night. Uh… Is that what this is about? Is that why you’re questioning me? That was a LONG time ago!
23. Night owl or early bird? Oh I get it! Now you’re trying to pin down a time! I’m on to you guys! I’m definitely NOT an early bird. More like an early zombie. Some of my finest hours are around midnight. Wait. That didn’t come out right…
24. Favorite day of the week? As the old saying goes, “Any day I’m above ground is a good day.” What with all of these questions and revelations I’m beginning to wonder how long that will be.
25: Which three of your favorite bloggers do you want to know more about? Oh sure! So now you want to question my friends! Good luck with that! They more than likely left when you got to the lunch meat question! They’re much quicker at spotting a trap than I am. Clearly.